- Organic Law 2/2023, of March 22, on the University System.
- Organic Law 4/2007, of April 12, which amends Organic Law 6/2001 of December 21, 2001, on Universities.
- Royal Decree 1052/2002 , of 11 October, which regulates the procedure for obtaining the evaluation of the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (Agencia Nacional de Evaluación de la Calidad y Acreditación).
- Resolution of 18 February 2005, of the Directorate General for Universities (BOE of 4 March), modifying certain aspects of the application procedure and the evaluation criteria established in the Resolution of 17 October 2002 and 24 June 2003.
- Order CNU/1117/2018, of 8 October, which establishes the obligation to use electronic means for the submission of applications, communications and notifications in the procedure for obtaining the assessment of the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation and its certification, for the purposes of hiring university teaching and research staff.