Composition of the Accreditation Commitee
Agreements in the different committees and panels are reached on the basis of consensus so that decisions by the audit teams are made collectively and in accordance with accreditation criteria.
The External Review Panels consist of the following members:
- A chairperson, who is an academic with experience in programme validation, monitoring and accreditation as a member of review panels.
- One academic member from the same scientific/technical field as the programme being assessed.
- One student, preferably from the same scientific/technical field as the programme being assessed, with training in QA processes.
- One technical secretary, acts as a guarantor of the process methodology.
A statement must be provided by each member of the audit team stating that there is no conflict of interest between themselves and the Higher Education Institution where one or several programmes is/are being accredited. This statement should be received prior to any documentation being distributed.
- Challenge procedure ( 209.48 kB ) Updated
The Accreditation Board analyses the audit report on the programme visit drawn up by the audit panel, together with all of the information on the programme that is required for accreditation, including the programme's self-assessment report. Also, it draws up the assessment report in relation to accreditation; it reviews the supporting arguments; and it is responsible for the final decision concerning accreditation is to be awarded to the programme or not.