Projects in Latin America
Since 2003 ANECA has coordinated projects and cooperation initiatives with Latin American QA Agencies and institutions within the Common Area of Higher Education (ALCUE) as well as within the Ibero-American Space of Knowledge.
The main course of action has focused on the reinforcement of these organisations and the competencies of their technical staff.
- CINTAS: Development of internal quality systems of RIACES-member agencies.
- ALFA-PUENTES : Improvement of mechanisms for modernisation, reform and harmonisation of education systems in Latin America and enhancement of Europe-Latin America university partnership.
- CENTROAMÉRICA: Collaboration Framework Agreement between the Central American Council of Accreditation (CCA) and ANECA.
Bilateral Projects with:
- PERU: Support to create internal quality assurance systems in Peruvian HEIs.
- CNA–COLOMBIA: Development of mutual recognition of accreditation decisions between Colombia and Spain.
- COSTA RICA: Development of mutual recognition of accreditation decisions between Costa Rica and Spain.
- MEXICO: Collaboration Framework Agreement between the Council for the Accreditation of Higher Education from Mexico and ANECA.
- GUATEMALA: Support for Guatemalan HEIs to design internal quality assurance systems.